Conz and Pleasant Streets - Roundabout Pre-Construction Begins
- Gomes Construction of Ludlow is the general contractor for the roundabout construction under a contract with MassDOT.
- Columbia Gas will continue relocating the gas line along Conz Street from the bowling alley toward Wright Avenue.
- Once the gas relocation is complete, Gomes will begin replacing the water line from Wright Avenue to just beyond the levee. This work should take about 1 month.
- Through traffic will be maintained at all times. Lane closures for one-way traffic are restricted to between 9 am and 3 pm. No detours are anticipated.
- If possible, motorists should seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS. Please obey directions from police officers and be considerate of the work area and other motorists.
- Mountain View Landscapes & Lawncare, Inc. continues with the renovation of Pulaski Park.
- The park will be closed to the public for the duration of the project which is scheduled to be completed in June. The stairway from the Roundhouse parking lot to South Street at the back of the Academy of Music will remain open.
- Comcast will complete final cut overs to new underground wiring and begin removing overhead wires. Verizon is scheduled to follow with their wiring and the removal of affected utility poles once their services have been transferred to the underground lines and overhead wires have been removed.