Bridge and Locust Streets - Roadway Improvements - POSTPONED UNTIL WEEK OF 8/22
- Monday-Tuesday: Palmer Paving will be milling Bridge Street between Pomeroy Terrace and Hawley and Market Streets and Locust Street between South Main Street and Berkshire Terrace.
- Tuesday-Thursday: Palmer Paving will be adjusting structures on Bridge and Locust Streets.
- Friday: Palmer Paving will be PAVING Bridge Street.
- Gomes Construction of Ludlow is the general contractor for the roundabout construction under a contract with MassDOT.
- Gomes will be continuing with utility installation and roundabout construction.
- NIGHT WORK for water line tie ins is scheduled for SATURDAY, 8/20/16 starting at 6 PM.
- THE ROAD WILL BE CLOSED AND A DETOUR WILL BE IN PLACE FROM 8 PM SATURDAY to 8 AM SUNDAY.
- Through traffic will be maintained at all times, except as noted above. Lane closures for one-way traffic are restricted to between 9 am and 3 pm.
- Palmer Paving will be making minor improvements to this intersection under a contract with MassDOT.
- Work includes re-aligning some islands, some minor widening and signal upgrades to improve the intersection.
- Work will be conducted at night from 7:00 pm to 5:30 am and take about 2 weeks to complete.
- RH White, who has completed the gas line replacement for Columbia Gas, will be replacing the bituminous sidewalk, repairing driveway aprons and restoring disturbed areas of loam and seed.
- Geeleher Construction will be installing a sewer extension from Crosby Street to Bates Street beginning mid-week.
- Geeleher Construction will complete sewer line testing between #36 and #64. Pavement restoration will occur within the next few weeks.
- Scapes Construction is the general contractor for Smith College working on relocating utilities at Elm Street for the construction of new entry gates and drainage and roadway improvements on College Lane.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 if you need more information.