Bridge and Locust Streets - Roadway Improvements
- Monday: Palmer Paving will be milling Bridge Street between Pomeroy Terrace and Hawley and Market Streets and Locust Street between South Main Street and Berkshire Terrace.
- Tuesday: Palmer Paving will be milling Park Street.
- Wednesday - Friday: Palmer Paving will be adjusting structures on Bridge, Locust and Park Streets.
- Friday: Palmer Paving will be PAVING Bridge Street.
- Gomes Construction of Ludlow is the general contractor for the roundabout construction under a contract with MassDOT.
- Gomes will be continuing with utility installation and roundabout construction.
- Through traffic will be maintained at all times, except as noted above. Lane closures for one-way traffic are restricted to between 9 am and 4 pm. Please seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS at this location.
- Palmer Paving will be making minor improvements to this intersection under a contract with MassDOT.
- Work includes re-aligning some islands, some minor widening and signal upgrades to improve the intersection.
- Work will be conducted at night from 7:00 pm to 5:30 am and take about 1 week to complete.
- Geeleher Construction will be installing a sewer extension from Crosby Street to Bates Street beginning mid-week.
- Pavement restoration in the area of the new sewer is anticipated to occur the week of August 29th.
- Scapes Construction is the general contractor for Smith College working on relocating utilities at Elm Street for the construction of new entry gates and drainage and roadway improvements on College Lane.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 if you need more information.