Bridge and Locust Streets - Roadway Improvements
- Monday-Tuesday: Palmer Paving will be PAVING Bridge Street between Pomeroy Terrace and Hawley and Market Streets and Locust Street between South Main Street and Berkshire Terrace. Please seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS at these locations.
- Monday-Friday: Palmer Paving will be adjusting structures, building handicap ramps and preparing driveways and curbing.
- Thursday-Friday: Palmer Paving will be adjusting structures in areas of limited trench repair on: King Street at #114 and near Trumbull Rd, Elm Street south of Bedford Terrace and at Nutting Ave, and at 67 Kensington Avenue.
- Gomes Construction of Ludlow is the general contractor for the roundabout construction under a contract with MassDOT.
- Gomes will be continuing with utility installation and roundabout construction.
- Through traffic will be maintained at all times, except as noted above. Lane closures for one-way traffic are restricted to between 9 am and 4 pm. Please seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS at this location.
- Pavement restoration in the area of the new sewer will occur the week of August 29th.
- Scapes Construction is the general contractor for Smith College working on relocating utilities at Elm Street for the construction of new entry gates and drainage and roadway improvements on College Lane.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 if you need more information.