Park Street - Roadway Improvements
- Monday-Wednesday: Palmer Paving will be doing driveways and miscellaneous work in preparation for PAVING on TUESDAY. The roadway will be closed during work hours and DETOURS will be in place. Motorist should SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTES.
- Thursday: Pavement markings.
- Tuesday: Palmer Paving will be PAVING the side street entrances off Locust Street
- Thursday: Pavement markings on both streets
- Monday: Gorman Roads will be doing cold-in-place recycling on Burts Pit Road at Sunset Hill. The roadway will be CLOSED to through traffic from Clement Street to Chapel Street/Rte 66 from 7:00 am to approximately noon and a DETOUR will be in place.
- Friday: Palmer Paving will be PAVING. One way traffic will be maintained, but motorists should seek alternate routes or EXPECT delays.
- During the month of September, 5 teams of two people each will be conducting an inventory of all City sidewalks, ramps and curbs. This will include video technology that that uses a wheelchair mounted tablet to collect data.
- Preparation for the demolition of 129 Pleasant Street (to be renumbered as 155) and construction of a new building at this location will begin this week. Utility work in Pleasant Street will begin the week of 9/19/16 and should take several weeks.
- Tuesday-Wednesday: Geeleher Construction will be undertaking drainage repairs
- Gomes Construction of Ludlow is the general contractor for the roundabout construction under a contract with MassDOT.
- Gomes will be continuing with utility installation and roundabout construction.
- Through traffic will be maintained at all times, except as noted above. Lane closures for one-way traffic are restricted to between 9 am and 4 pm. Please seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS at this location.
- Scapes Construction is the general contractor for Smith College working on relocating utilities at Elm Street for the construction of new entry gates and drainage and roadway improvements on College Lane.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 if you need more information.