Conz and Pleasant Streets - Roundabout Pre-Construction Begins
- Gomes Construction of Ludlow is the general contractor for the roundabout construction under a contract with MassDOT.
- There will be NO WORK on Monday and Tuesday due to the Memorial Day Holiday.
- Gomes will begin water main installation on Wednesday June 1st.
- Through traffic will be maintained at all times. Lane closures for one-way traffic are restricted to between 9 am and 3 pm. No detours are anticipated.
- If possible, motorists should seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS. Please obey directions from police officers and be considerate of the work area and other motorists.
- Traffic counters have been placed on Florence Road north of Scanlon Avenue and approaching the intersection of Ryan Road and Spring Streets. A temporary speed hump has been installed in the northbound lane and will remain in place until mid-June to determine its effectiveness for traffic calming.
- Mountain View Landscapes & Lawncare, Inc. continues with the renovation of Pulaski Park.
- The park will be closed to the public for the duration of the project which is scheduled to be completed in June. The stairway from the Roundhouse parking lot to South Street at the back of the Academy of Music will remain open.
- Verizon is scheduled to install their underground wiring and remove utility poles once their services have been transferred to the underground lines and overhead wires have been removed.