Construction for the Week of 10-23-17
- Ludlow construction will be constructing individual Sanitary Sewer services to various residential properties on Hinckley Street between Riverside Drive and Nonotuck Street this week. Expect temporary road closures on Hinckley Street, Warner Street, Winslow Avenue, and Maplewood Terrace.
- The work on this road includes the replacement of water, sewer and drainage utilities, a new drainage outfall off Riverside Drive, new sidewalk, roadway reconstruction and repaving, and a raised crosswalk across Nonotuck Street.
Pleasant and Holyoke Streets
- George Cairns and Sons Construction will continue installing sheet piling and bracing in Holyoke Street for the installation of a large drainage culvert. Holyoke Street will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC from Pleasant Street to Hawley Street until mid to late November. Access for local residents and businesses will be maintained.
- The work consists of realigning a section of drainage culvert behind the former Northampton Lumber site and across Holyoke Street in order to accommodate the redevelopment of the site.
Day Avenue Ave/North Maple/North Farms
- Caracas Construction will be reclaiming, compacting and grading Day Avenue this week. The roadway will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC during work hours. Motorists should seek alternate routes. Access for local residents and emergency vehicles will be maintained.
- The base course of paving is currently scheduled to be installed the week of October 30th with new sidewalks installed the week of November 6th.
- No work is expected on North Maple Street and North Farms Road this week, and the work is substantially complete except for the replacement of a section of drainage pipe near the intersection with Mountain Street. The road will be open for use.
- Borges Construction will complete installing new water services and drainage this week. The roadway will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC during work hours. Access for local residents will be maintained. Emergency vehicles and school buses will be allowed to pass through the site. Motorists should seek alternate routes. The road will be re-opened after work hours for all vehicles.
- The roadway is currently scheduled to be reclaimed, compacted and graded the week of October 30th with the base course of paving and bituminous curb installed the week of November 6th.
- The work on this road includes replacing water and drain lines and a box culvert followed by reclaiming and repaving of the roadway from the center of Leeds to near house #200.
North King Street
- MassDOT has contracted with Palmer Paving to repave North King Street from Hatfield Street north to the I-91 entrance ramp near the Hatfield Town Line.
- Palmer Paving will be replacing drainage structures to prepare for repaving. One-lane traffic will be maintained, but motorists should expect delays or seek alternate routes, if possible. The work is anticipated to be completed by the end of October.
- Davenport Trucking will continue repairs to rehabilitate the channel and stream bank erosion just downstream of the Lower Roberts Meadow Dam. The roadway will be open, but motorists should use caution and be aware of heavy construction vehicles entering and leaving the site.
- The work requires bypass pumping of stream flows in order to complete stream channel and bank rehabilitation. Weather permitting, the work is anticipated to be substantially complete this construction season.