Pleasant Street Improvements Project
- The City has contracted with JBL Construction Company of Springfield, MA to implement roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements on Pleasant Street from Hampton Avenue to Hockanum Road
- JBL will be installing curbing and drainage between Hockanum Road and Holyoke Street.
- Columbia Gas is replacing gas main and services along these routes. Work will continue through the spring and summer.
- Caracas Construction will begin mobilizing equipment and material for the reconstruction of Day Avenue. Work includes replacing water, sewer and drain lines, reclaiming the roadway and replacing the sidewalk. Beginning the week of May 8th, Day Avenue will be CLOSED to through traffic. Access for residents will be maintained.
- ET&L Corporation is replacing the River Road retaining wall. Beginning October 31st the road will be CLOSED from just north of the driveway entry to Highview to the the bridge near the Williamsburg Town line and a DETOUR will be in place. The project is scheduled to be completed in late May 2017, and the roadway will reopen by June 1st.
Pulaski Park Phase 1
- Mountain View Landscapes has regraded and replaced sod at the rear of the park, and the area is fenced off. Please respect the fence and stay off the restored area.
- Mass-West Construction will continue construction on Phase 2 of Pulaski Park, the Overlook at the rear of the park that will connect it to the Roundhouse Parking lot. The project is anticipated to be completed in the late spring of 2017.
- The construction area is fenced, and parking spaces in the lot will be reduced for the duration of the project.
- There is no pedestrian access from the parking lot up the stairs near South Street. Pedestrian access from the parking lot to Main Street is via Crafts Avenue or the stairs behind City Hall.
- Construction vehicles will be accessing the site through the parking lot. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to be aware of construction activity and use caution when parking and walking in the lot.