Pleasant Street Improvements Project
- The City has contracted with JBL Construction Company of Springfield, MA to implement roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements on Pleasant Street from Hampton Avenue to Hockanum Road
- The project will begin at Hockanum Road with the removal of sidewalk and curbing and the installation of drainage and new curbing.
- Columbia Gas is replacing gas main and services along these routes. Work will continue through the spring and summer.
- ET&L Corporation is replacing the River Road retaining wall. Beginning October 31st the road will be CLOSED from just north of the driveway entry to Highview to the the bridge near the Williamsburg Town line and a DETOUR will be in place. The project is scheduled to be completed in early May 2017, and this road section will be closed for the duration of construction.
Pulaski Park Phase 1
- Mountain View Landscapes has regraded and replaced sod at the rear of the park, and the area is fenced off. Please respect the fence and stay off the restored area.
- Mass-West Construction will continue construction on Phase 2 of Pulaski Park, the Overlook at the rear of the park that will connect it to the Roundhouse Parking lot. The project is anticipated to be completed in the late spring of 2017.
- The construction area will be fenced, and parking spaces in the lot will be reduced for the duration of the project.
- There will be no pedestrian access from the parking lot up the stairs near South Street. Pedestrian access from the parking lot to Main Street will be via Crafts Avenue or the stairs behind City Hall for the duration of the project.
- Construction vehicles will be accessing the site through the parking lot. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to be aware of construction activity and use caution when parking and walking in the lot.