For the week of May 29, weather permitting, the following work is scheduled:
Pleasant Street Improvements Project
- The City has contracted with JBL Construction Company of Springfield, MA to implement roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements on Pleasant Street from Hampton Avenue to Hockanum Road.
- JBL will be doing drainage and curbing, on Pleasant Street, and finish pouring sidewalk at the intersection of Holyoke/Pleasant Street. JBL will not be working Monday, May 29 for the Memorial Day holiday.
Pleasant and Williams Street and Hockanum Road Gas Work
- Columbia Gas is replacing gas main and services along these routes. Work will continue through the spring and summer.
- Caracas Construction expects to continue construction of the new drain on Day Ave. This work will continue from approximately house #30/32 and proceed towards Bridge St. Day Ave will be CLOSED in the vicinity of construction. There will be no through traffic. Access for residents will be maintained.
- The reconstruction of Day Avenue work includes replacing water, sewer and drain lines, reclaiming the roadway and replacing the sidewalk.
- Borges Construction expects to begin construction on Audubon Road this week by installing construction signs and sediment controls and plans to begin drainage work the following week.
- The work on this road includes replacing water and drain lines
and a box culvert followed by reclaiming and repaving of the
roadway from the center of Leeds to near house #200. One way
traffic will generally be maintained but motorists should seek
alternate routes once construction begins. The roadway will be
CLOSED to through traffic during culvert replacement and as needed
for water main installation. Access for residents will be
- Mountain View Landscapes has regraded and replaced sod at the rear of the park, and the area is fenced off. Please respect the fence and stay off the restored area.
Pulaski Park Phase 2
- Mass-West Construction will continue construction on Phase 2 of Pulaski Park, the Overlook at the rear of the park that will connect it to the Roundhouse Parking lot. The project is anticipated to be completed in the late spring of 2017.
- The construction area is fenced, and parking spaces in the lot will be reduced for the duration of the project.
- There is no pedestrian access from the parking lot up the stairs near South Street. Pedestrian access from the parking lot to Main Street is via Crafts Avenue or the stairs behind City Hall.
- Construction vehicles will be accessing the site through the parking lot. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to be aware of construction activity and use caution when parking and walking in the lot.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information