For the week of July 10, 2017, weather permitting, the following work is scheduled:
Pleasant Street Improvements Project
- For the Week of July 10, 2017 - July 14, 2017, JBL Construction will be milling and paving the imprinted thermoplastic pavement.
- The City has contracted with JBL Construction Company of Springfield, MA to implement roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements on Pleasant Street from Hampton Avenue to Hockanum Road.
Pleasant and Williams Street and Hockanum Road Gas Work
- Columbia Gas is replacing gas main and services along these routes. Work will continue through the spring and summer.
Day Avenue/North Maple/North Farms
- For the week of July 10, Caracas Construction expects to continue water main installation. Day Ave. will be CLOSED in the vicinity of construction. There will be no through traffic. Access for residents will be maintained.
- The reconstruction of Day Avenue work includes replacing water, sewer and drain lines, reclaiming the roadway and replacing the sidewalk.
- For the week of July 10th, Borges Construction expects to continue watermain installation on Audubon Road. The road will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC during the day for construction. Local access for residents will be maintained. Emergency vehicles and school buses will be allowed to pass through the site. The road will be re-opened at night for all vehicles. A DETOUR will be in place to route traffic around the site.
- The work on this road includes replacing water and drain lines
and a box culvert followed by reclaiming and repaving of the
roadway from the center of Leeds to near house #200. The roadway will be
CLOSED to through traffic during culvert replacement and as needed
for water main installation. Access for residents will be
- Mountain View Landscapes has regraded and replaced sod at the rear of the park, and the area is fenced off. Please respect the fence and stay off the restored area.
Pulaski Park Phase 2
- Mass-West Construction will continue construction on Phase 2 of Pulaski Park, the Overlook at the rear of the park that will connect it to the Roundhouse Parking lot. The project is anticipated to be completed in the late spring of 2017.
- The construction area is fenced, and parking spaces in the lot will be reduced for the duration of the project.
- There is no pedestrian access from the parking lot up the stairs near South Street. Pedestrian access from the parking lot to Main Street is via Crafts Avenue or the stairs behind City Hall.
- Construction vehicles will be accessing the site through the parking lot. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to be aware of construction activity and use caution when parking and walking in the lot.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information