For the week of August 7, 2017, weather permitting, the following work is scheduled:
- Palmer Paving will be constructing handicap access ramps and crack sealing sections of Ryan Road between Florence Road and Burts Pit Road in preparation for micro-surfacing from Florence Road to Brookside Circle the following week.
- JBL construction will be installing sections of sidewalk and brick edging.
- Construction on Pleasant Street includes roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements from Hampton Avenue to Hockanum Road.
- Sealcoating, Inc. will begin crack sealing on various City streets beginning in the downtown area next week. The work is currently anticipated to take about three weeks.
- Columbia Gas is replacing gas main and services along these routes. Work will continue through the summer.
- Caracas Construction expects to begin installation of the new water main for Noth Maple Street this week. work will commence a the intersection of Bridge Road and North Maple Street . Traffic on Bridge road will be maintained, but motorists should expect delays. Traffic on North Maple Street in the vicinity of Bridge Road may be re-routed at intervals, as required by construction. Access for local residents will be maintianed. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes, if possible.
- No work is expected on Day Avenue this week. The road will be open for use. Once work is complete on North Maple Street and North Farms Road, Caracas will return to Day Avenue to complete road work at that location.
- Columbia Gas is expected to install new gas main in the vicinity of the culvert on Audubon Road. The road may be closed to through traffic during the day for construction. Local access for residents is expected to be maintained. The road will be reopened at night for all vehicles.
- The work on this road includes replacing water and drain lines and a box culvert followed by reclaiming and repaving of the roadway from the center of Leeds to near house #200.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 or email@example.com if you need more information