Friday, August 11, 2017
Construction Update - Week of August 14th
For the week of August 14, 2017, weather permitting, the following work is scheduled:
Ryan Road and Park Hill Road
- Palmer Paving will be installing curbing and paving on Ryan Road. Microsurfacing will be applied on Park Hill Road (between 395 Park Hill road and Park Hill Road South) and Ryan Road (between Florence Road and Brookside Circle) on Wednesday and Thursday. Please seek alternative routes or EXPECT DELAYS at these locations. For those residents who MUST travel on Ryan Road, accommodations will be made by the contractor to ensure that you have timely access. Please follow signs, cones and directions.
- JBL construction will be doing some loam, mulch and signs; finishing up cement near Florida Street; and finishing brick work. They will also be doing some cleaning up.
- Construction on Pleasant Street includes roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements from Hampton Avenue to Hockanum Road.
- Sealcoating, Inc. began crack sealing on various City streets beginning in the downtown area the week of August 4, 2017. The work is currently anticipated to take about three weeks.
- Columbia Gas is replacing gas main and services along these routes. Work will continue through the summer.
- Caracas Construction expects to begin installation of the new water main for North Maple Street this week. work will commence a the intersection of Bridge Road and North Maple Street . Traffic on Bridge road will be maintained, but motorists should expect delays. Traffic on North Maple Street in the vicinity of Bridge Road may be re-routed at intervals, as required by construction. Access for local residents will be maintained. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes, if possible.
- No work is expected on Day Avenue this week. The road will be open for use. Once work is complete on North Maple Street and North Farms Road, Caracas will return to Day Avenue to complete road work at that location.
- Columbia Gas is expected to install new gas main in the vicinity of the culvert on Audubon Road. The road may be closed to through traffic during the day for construction. Local access for residents is expected to be maintained. The road will be reopened at night for all vehicles.
- The work on this road includes replacing water and drain lines and a box culvert followed by reclaiming and repaving of the roadway from the center of Leeds to near house #200.
Ludlow Construction Company will be starting work on the Hinckley Street Reconstruction project Monday, August 14, 2017. The work this week will include a test pit in Riverside Drive and beginning construction of the Drainage System from Riverside Drive to Warner Street.Traffic on Riverside Drive will be maintained, but motorists should expect delays. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes and expect delays, particularly on Hinckley Street between Riversiade Drive and Warner Street.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information