Construction for the Week of 11-6-17 Weather Permitting
- Ludlow Construction will continue constructing a new water system on Hinckley Street from Riverside Drive up Hinckley St towards Warner Street this week. They are planning on working Monday-Wednesday, but it is possible they will work on Thursday and Friday as well.
- Expect temporary road closures on Hinckley Street.
- The work on this road includes the replacement of water, sewer and drainage utilities, a new drainage outfall off Riverside Drive, new sidewalk, roadway reconstruction and repaving, and a raised crosswalk across Nonotuck Street.
Pleasant and Holyoke Streets
- George Cairns and Sons Construction will continue installing a large drainage culvert in Holyoke Street and the Lumberyard property. Holyoke Street will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC from Pleasant Street to Hawley Street until late November or early December. Access for local residents and businesses will be maintained.
- The work consists of realigning a section of drainage culvert behind the former Northampton Lumber site and across Holyoke Street in order to accommodate the redevelopment of the site.
Day Avenue, North Maple Street & North Farms RoadAudubon Road
- Caracas Construction will be installing bituminous curb, driveway curb returns and begin reconstructing the sidewalk on Day Avenue this week. The roadway will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC during work hours. Motorists should seek alternate routes. Access for local residents and emergency vehicles will be maintained.
- No work is expected on North Maple Street and North Farms Road this week, and the work is substantially complete except for the replacement of a section of drainage pipe near the intersection with Mountain Street. The road will be open for use.
- Borges Construction will be reclaiming the intersection at River and Reservoir Roads on Monday and preparing for paving on Tuesday. Additional miscellaneous work will occur during the remainder of the week. The roadway will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC during work hours. Access for local residents will be maintained. Emergency vehicles and school buses will be allowed to pass through the site. Motorists should seek alternate routes. The road will be re-opened after work hours for all vehicles.
- The work on this road includes replacing water and drain lines and a box culvert followed by reclaiming and repaving of the roadway from the center of Leeds to near house #200.
- Davenport Trucking will continue repairs to rehabilitate the channel and stream bank erosion just downstream of the Lower Roberts Meadow Dam. The roadway will be open, but motorists should use caution and be aware of heavy construction vehicles entering and leaving the site.
- The work requires bypass pumping of stream flows in order to complete stream channel and bank rehabilitation. Weather permitting, the work is anticipated to be substantially complete this construction season.