Construction for the Week of 12-18-17 Weather Permitting
- Ludlow Construction will continue to install new water services on Hinckley Street between Warner Street and Maplewood Terrace this week. Unanticipated water shutdowns on Hinckley St may occur as we continue to install new water system components in close proximity to the 130 year-old water main that still serves residence along the Street.
- Ludlow Construction will also be patching Hinckley Street and begin demobilizing for the winter. Project construction will start up again in the spring. The schedule will be posted at that time.
- Expect temporary road closures on Hinckley Street between Warner Street and Maplewood Terrace.
- The work on this road includes the replacement of water, sewer and drainage utilities, a new drainage outfall off Riverside Drive, new sidewalk, roadway reconstruction and repaving, and a raised crosswalk across Nonotuck Street.
Pleasant and Holyoke Streets
- George Cairns and Sons Construction will continue installing a large drainage culvert in Holyoke Street and the Lumberyard property. Holyoke Street will be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC from Pleasant Street to Hawley Street until late January. Access for local residents and businesses will be maintained.
- The work consists of realigning a section of drainage culvert behind the former Northampton Lumber site and across Holyoke Street in order to accommodate the redevelopment of the site.
- Caracas Construction has demobilized for the season. Final roadway and sidewalk paving and greenbelt restoration will occur next spring.
- Work on North Maple Street and North Farms Road is complete for the season. A section of drainage pipe near the intersection with Mountain Street and a permanent trench patch for the water line replacement will occur next spring.
- Borges Construction has demobilized for the season. Final paving and lawn restoration will occur next spring.
- The work on this road includes replacing water and drain lines and a box culvert followed by reclaiming and repaving of the roadway from the center of Leeds to near house #200.