For the week of 8-24-18Weather Permitting
- This week the DPW crews repaired potholes on Allen Place, Church Street, Winslow Avenue, Elm Street, Berkshire Terrace, Langworthy Road and Crestview Drive.
- The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed. To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.aspx
- Street Sweeping in Ward 7 is now complete. Ward 6 is currently in progress.
- Ludlow Construction will be working along the full length of Hinckley Street this week.
- Starting Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018, Final Paving will occur from South Main Street to Riverside Drive, including work at the intersections of South Main Street, Nonotuck Street, Winslow Avenue, Warner Street and Riverside Drive. THERE WILL BE NO PARKING ALLOWED ON HINCKLEY STREET OR NEAR THE INTERSECTIONS MENTIONED ABOVE, AND VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED.
- Please park outside of the posted NO PARKING WORK ZONE. Traffic Police will be on site to keep vehicles out of the work area. If you are a Resident of Hinckley Street, please move your vehicle outside of the work zone by 7:00 AM on Wednesday, August 22, and Thursday, August 23 as necessary.
- Other work includes finish paving of sidewalks, driveways, and other incidental locations.
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC has removed approximately 20 vertical feet of the dam with approximately 10 vertical feet remaining to be removed. Additional removal of the dam will not occur until after rain events mobilize sufficient sediment in the impoundment downstream. SumCo will be on site to monitor sediment movement weekly and after rain events but has otherwise demobilized from the site.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Palmer Paving, through their subcontractor CNA, will be installing water services on Chesterfield Road.
- Detours will be in place around the construction zones from Chesterfield Rd and Spring St through Dimock St and possibly Reservoir Rd, Main Street Leeds and Spring Street.
- The project includes replacement of the water line, drainage improvements and reconstruction of the roadway.
Downtown Paving – Pleasant Street, Hampton Avenue, Wright Avenue, Cooke Avenue and Fulton Avenue Downtown Paving – Pleasant Street, Hampton Avenue, Wright Avenue, Cooke Avenue and Fulton Avenue
- Warner Brothers LLC and their subcontractor Caracas Construction Corp. will continue work on drainage improvements for Hampton Ave and Wright Ave this week. Traffic on these streets may be restricted to one lane at times, expect some delays.
- The project includes re-paving of Hampton Avenue, Wright Avenue, Cooke Avenue, Fulton Avenue and Pleasant Street (from Main Street to Hockanum Road).
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas services on Pleasant Street. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete.
Clement Street Bridge
- N.E.L. Corporation continues installing temporary truss supports and replacing lower chord truss members. Anticipated project completion is in September. Actual reopening of the bridge will depend on MassDOT approval of the completed work.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction.
Rocky Hill Road (Route 66) - Drain Repair opposite entrance to House of Corrections
- Geeleher Enterprises has completed the emergency repairs. Seeding has been completed and vegetation growth is expected.