For the week of October 22, 2018
- This week the DPW crews repaired potholes on Spring Street and Holyoke Street. They also worked on sewer cuts. Street sweeping efforts are focused in Ward 3.
- The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed. To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.aspx
- Ludlow Construction may be working on Hinckley Street this week, continuing to finish up the project.
- This work includes reconfiguring a concrete step, loam & seed, and miscellaneous clean-up.
- Police Officers will be on duty to facilitate traffic flow, if necessary.
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC has removed the dam and completed the in-water work. Restoration of the access roads and staging area will be undertaken during October and November.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Palmer Paving will be finishing up the project by hydroseeding and line-painting
- Detours may be in place around the construction zones from Chesterfield Rd and Spring St through Dimock St and possibly Reservoir Rd, Main Street Leeds and Spring Street.
- The project includes replacement of the water line, drainage improvements and reconstruction of the roadway.
- The project commenced in August and includes Pleasant Street, Hampton Avenue, Wright Avenue, Cooke Avenue and Fulton Avenue Downtown Paving Project. The Contractor for this project is Warner Bros., LLC of Sunderland MA. Emergency vehicle access and one-way traffic will be maintained, but there may be short duration road closures during certain phases. There will be traffic delays. Please seek alternate routes if possible.
- Week of October 22 through October 26
Tuesday (10/23) – Paving on Pleasant Street, Wright Avenue, and Fulton Avenue
Wednesday (10/24) – Paving on Cooke Avenue and North King Street Sidewalk and driveway work on Hampton Avenue
Thursday (10/25) – Sidewalk and driveway work on Hampton Avenue Driveway work on Pleasant Street
Friday (10/26) – Sidewalk work on Hampton Avenue Driveway work on Wright Avenue and Fulton Avenue
- The contractor proposes to pave one lane of Pleasant Street on Monday and the other lane on Tuesday. In the event of rain, paving on Pleasant Street may be shifted to October 24th. Parking will be prohibited on Pleasant Street from 6AM to 4PM on these days. During the paving operation (both days), traffic on Pleasant Street will be allowed to travel only in the northbound direction between Hockanum Road and Main Street. Southbound traffic will be detoured to the Conz Street roundabout.
- Nonotuck speed humps have been milled and will be replaced with speed humps of a slightly different geometry as part of the downtown paving project.