- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Bridge Road and are in the process of working on Chesterfield Road. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
· Hinckley Street
- Ludlow Construction will be installing Drainage system components on Hinckley Street between Winslow Avenue and Nonotuck Street. In addition their subcontractor, H.B. Fleming of South, Portland Maine, will be beginning the installation of a Sheet Pile and Lagging retaining wall below Riverside Drive
- Traffic on Riverside Drive and Hinckley Street will be restricted and detours may be in place. Public Safety officer(s) shall be on duty.
- The work on this road includes the replacement of water, sewer and drainage utilities, a new drainage outfall off Riverside Drive, new sidewalk, roadway reconstruction and repaving, and a raised crosswalk across Nonotuck Street.
Pleasant and Holyoke Streets
- Final paving and reopening of the roadway is anticipated to be completed on Monday April 30th. Holyoke Street will remain CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC from Pleasant Street to Hawley Street until paving is complete. Access for local businesses will be maintained.
- Construction on the new building at 256 Pleasant Street is underway and will continue throughout 2018.
Day Avenue, North Maple Street & North Farms Road
- Caracas Construction will be paving the sidewalk and doing final cleanup on Day Avenue.
- On North Maple Street and North Farms Road, they will be replacing a section of drainage pipe near the intersection with Mountain Street and a installing a permanent trench patch over the new water line..
- Borges Construction will be working on final cleanup and restoration.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin in late April or early May.