- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on North Loudville Road, Drury Lane, and Florence Street. They are in the process of working on Elm Street. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
· Hinckley Street
- Ludlow Construction, working with their subcontractor, H.B. Fleming of South Portland Maine, will be installing pre-cast concrete lagging panels for the Pile and Lagging retaining wall below Riverside Drive beginning Monday. This work also entails excavation, backfilling, and grading. Ludlow Construction may also do some drainage work in the Outfall Area, below Riverside Drive, and possibly crossing Riverside Drive.
- Traffic on Riverside Drive and Hinckley Street will be restricted and detours may be in place. Public Safety officer(s) shall be on duty.
- The work of replacement of water and sewer utilities is complete. New sidewalk, roadway reconstruction and repaving, and a raised crosswalk in Nonotuck Street is planned for this summer.
Chesterfield Road at Kennedy Road - Upper Roberts Meadow Reservoir Dam
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC will begin mobilizing equipment, surveying for layout and installing fencing and erosion control measures at the site.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas main on Pleasant Street between Main Street and Kirkland Avenue. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete
Day Avenue, North Maple Street & North Farms Road
- Caracas Construction will taking care of punch list items on Day Avenue, North Maple Street ad North Farms Road.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin in early June.