Pothole Update -
- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Overlook Drive, Brookside Drive, Round Hill Road, Henshaw Avenue, Strawberry Hill, Kimball Street, Howe Street. They are in the process of working on potholes on Sheffield Lane and others throughout the city. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
- Ludlow Construction will not be working this week. They will return on Monday, July 9th , to work on installation of curbing, and raising of utility structures. Driveway and sidewalk construction may also begin that week.
- New sidewalk, a raised crosswalk in Nonotuck Street and final paving are upcoming this summer.
Main Street Florence
- Paving of the milled roadway section in front of the new Cumberland Farms is scheduled to occur on Monday, July 2nd. One way traffic will be maintained, but motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes, if possible.
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC has removed slightly less than one half of the dam. They have demobilized form the site until rain events mobilize some of the sediment in the impoundment downstream.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Palmer Paving is scheduled to be working this week.
- The project includes replacement of the water line, drainage improvements and reconstruction of the roadway.
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas main on Pleasant Street between Main Street and Kirkland Avenue. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is late summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin the week of July 9th.