- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Turkey Hill Road and Woods Road. They are in the process of working on potholes on King Street and Island Road. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
- Ludlow Construction will continue with roadway reconstruction this week on Hinckley Street between Maplewood Terrace and South Main Street. DRIVEWAY ACCESS WILL BE LIMITED DURING WORK HOURS, plan to move your vehicle(s) out of your driveway prior to 7:00 AM. This work entails excavation, soil removal, backfilling, placement and grading of gravel.
- Incidental drainage work will also be undertaken.
- Horizontal alignment stakes have been installed along properties at Hinckley Street.
- Traffic on Hinckley Street will be restricted and detours may be in place. Public Safety officer(s) will be on duty.
- The work of replacement of water and sewer utilities is complete. New sidewalk, repaving, and a raised crosswalk in Nonotuck Street is upcoming this summer.
Chesterfield Road at Kennedy Road - Upper Roberts Meadow Reservoir Dam
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC has removed slightly less than one half of the dam. They have demobilized form the site until rain events mobilize some of the sediment in the impoundment downstream.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas main on Pleasant Street between Main Street and Kirkland Avenue. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete.
- Bartlett Consolidated will be repairing guardrail in the vicinity of 85 Easthampton Road on Wednesday, June 20th.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin in early June.