Pothole Update - To be updated Monday
- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Grove Street, Island Road, Brookside Circle, Overlook Drive, High Meadow, and Rural Lane. They are in the process of working on potholes on Acrebrook Drive and Cross Street. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
- Ludlow Construction will continue with roadway reconstruction this week on Hinckley Street. DRIVEWAY ACCESS WILL BE LIMITED DURING WORK HOURS, plan to move your vehicle(s) out of your driveway prior to 7:00 AM. This work entails raising covers for manholes & catchbasins, excavation, soil removal, backfilling, placement and grading of gravel. The ban on parking along Hinckley Street will continue
- Weather permitting, Monday will include work along Riverside Drive as well as Hinckley Street. On Wednesday and Thursday, the binder (first) course of pavement will be installed on Hinckley Street. This will be followed by work on sidewalks, curbs, and driveways in following weeks.
- Horizontal alignment stakes have been installed along properties at Hinckley Street.
- Traffic on Hinckley Street will be restricted and detours may be in place. Public Safety officer(s) will be on duty.
- The work of replacement of water and sewer utilities is complete. New sidewalk, repaving, and a raised crosswalk in Nonotuck Street is upcoming this summer.
Chesterfield Road at Kennedy Road - Upper Roberts Meadow Reservoir Dam
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC has removed slightly less than one half of the dam. They have demobilized form the site until rain events mobilize some of the sediment in the impoundment downstream.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Palmer Paving is scheduled to mobilize for the reconstruction of lower Chesterfield Road. They will be installing construction signs and sediment controls.
- The project includes replacement of the water line, drainage improvements and reconstruction of the roadway.
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas main on Pleasant Street between Main Street and Kirkland Avenue. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin the week of July 9th.