- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Park Hill Road, Riverside Drive, and Parsons Street. They are in the process of working on potholes on Middle Street and Landy Avenue. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
- Ludlow Construction will begin roadway reconstruction on Hinckley Street, starting at Riverside Drive and proceeding Northward toward Warner Street and Winslow Avenue. This work entails excavation, drainage work, soil removal, backfilling, and placement and grading of gravel. DRIVEWAY ACCESS WILL BE LIMITED DURING WORKING HOURS. It is recommended that residents between Riverside Drive and Winslow Avenue move their vehicles out of their driveways prior to 7 AM..
- Sherman & Frydryk, a surveying company, will be placing alignment stakes on properties along Hinckley Street.
- Traffic on Riverside Drive and Hinckley Street will be restricted and detours will be in place. Public Safety Officers will be on duty.
- The work of replacing water and sewer utilities is complete. Repaving, new sidewalks and a raised crosswalk on Nonotuck Street is planned for this summer.
Chesterfield Road at Kennedy Road - Upper Roberts Meadow Reservoir Dam
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC will be making the second notch in the dam to lower the water level in the impoundment and, once the water levels have stabilized, will begin removing the spillway blocks down to the level of the second notch.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas main on Pleasant Street between Main Street and Kirkland Avenue. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin in early June.