Pothole Update -
- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Redford Drive, Brookside Circle, Lincoln Avenue, Vernon Street and Cross Path Road. They are in the process of working on potholes at Ventures Field Road, Henry Street, Mont View Drive, and Valley Road. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
- Ludlow Construction will be working on the full length of Hinckley Street this week, from South Main Street to Riverside Drive, including work at the intersections of South Main Street, Nonotuck Street, Maplewood Terrace, Winslow Avenue, Warner Street and Riverside Drive. This work includes the installation of curbing, raising of utility structures, excavation and construction of sidewalk and driveways.
- New sidewalk, a raised crosswalk in Nonotuck Street and final paving are upcoming this summer.
Chesterfield Road at Kennedy Road - Upper Roberts Meadow Reservoir Dam
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC will be making the third notch in the dam and removing more of the spillway following sediment that was mobilized during the heavy rains on June 28th.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Palmer Paving, through their subcontractors, shall be installing tree protection Measures..
- The project includes replacement of the water line, drainage improvements and reconstruction of the roadway.
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas main on Pleasant Street between Main Street and Kirkland Avenue. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Staging has been mobilized to the site and the contractor is awaiting completion of steel fabrication. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is late summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin the week of July 16th.