- Last week, Public Works repaired potholes at various locations throughout the City including Bridge Road, East Street, Meadow Street, Ridgewood Terrace, Ryan Road, and Turkey Hill Road.
- The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified, they will be addressed. To report a pothole, please submit a request for Pothole Repair.
- Last week, Public Works repaired segments of sidewalk on Prospect Street & Prospect Avenue.
- Sand boxes have been filled and placed in 39 locations throughout the City for use during icy conditions.
- To report an unshoveled sidewalk, please submit a request for Unshoveled Sidewalk.
Bridge Road at Cooke Avenue
- The City has contracted with Dagle Electric Corporation to replace the traffic signal and controls at the intersection of Bridge Road, Cooke Avenue and Jackson Street.
- Work will continue through the winter as weather allows. Completion of the new signal and controls is anticipated in the spring of 2019.
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC has removed the dam and completed the in-water work. Initial restoration of the staging area is complete and final restoration of the staging area and access roads will be completed in the spring of 2019.
- The project has removed the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam and restored the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- The City has contracted with Northern Tree Service to perform vegetation removal and maintenance work on portions of the flood control system.
- The bridge on South Street near Earle Street that crosses the Mill River diversion channel includes flood control structures. Trees adjacent to the flood control structures have been removed with stump removal expected in the spring. Placement of rip rap along drainage outfalls may occur within the next few weeks.
- The project commenced in August and includes Pleasant Street, Hampton Avenue, Wright Avenue, Cooke Avenue and Fulton Avenue. The Contractor for this project is Warner Bros., LLC of Sunderland MA.
- Work is complete for the winter season. Remaining punch-list work will be completed in the spring of 2019.