- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Industrial Drive, Chesterfield Road, and Front Street. The larges potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
· Hinckley Street
- Ludlow Construction will be installing Water Services on Hinckley Street between Maplewood Terrace and South Main Street. In addition they will be doing drainage work along the edges of Hinckley Street between Riverside Drive and Nonotuck Street.
- Traffic on Nonotuck Street and Hinckley Street will be restricted and Public Safety officer(s) shall be on duty.
- The work on this road includes the
replacement of water, sewer and drainage utilities, a new drainage outfall
off Riverside Drive,
new sidewalk, roadway reconstruction and repaving, and a raised crosswalk
across Nonotuck Street.
Pleasant and Holyoke Streets
- George Cairns and Sons Construction is tentatively scheduled to begin completion of remaining work and final paving the week of April 23rd. Paving and reopening of the roadway is anticipated to be complete in early May. Holyoke Street will remain CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC from Pleasant Street to Hawley Street until paving is complete. Access for local businesses will be maintained.
- Construction on the new building at 256 Pleasant Street is underway and will continue throughout 2018.
Day Avenue, North Maple Street & North Farms Road
- Caracas Construction will undertake final roadway and sidewalk paving and greenbelt restoration beginning this week by raising structures on Day Avenue.
- Day Avenue and North Maple Street MAY be CLOSED TO THROUGH TRAFFIC to facilitate construction. Access for local residents will be maintained.
- Final paving of Day Avenue is anticipated to be completed in late April.
- On North Maple Street and North Farms Road, replacement of a section of drainage pipe near the intersection with Mountain Street and a permanent trench patch over the new water line will occur in late April or early May.
- Greenbelt restoration will begin after paving is complete.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin in late April or early May.