- This week the DPW crews repaired potholes on Burts Pit Road, Henshaw Avenue, Stowell Street, Heffernen Street, Longview Drive and Fruit Street and Spring Street. Pothole repair on North Farms Road, Glendale Road, and Old Springfield Road is in progress. Street sweeping efforts are focused in Ward 4.
- The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed. To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.aspx
- Ludlow Construction will be working on Hinckley Street this week, continuing to finish up the project.
- This work includes survey work, miscellaneous clean-up, and loam and seed.
- Police Officers will be on duty to facilitate traffic flow as needed.
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC has removed the dam and completed the in-water work. Restoration of the access roads and staging area will be undertaken during October and November.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Palmer Paving will be finishing up the project by completing driveways and installing soil material to shore up the edges of the final pavement, and loam and seed.
- Detours will be in place around the construction zones as needed.
- The project includes replacement of the water line, drainage improvements and reconstruction of the roadway.
Week of October 15 through October 12
- Pleasant Street – Adjusting Structures (manholes, catch basins & valve boxes) and installing new curb ramps.
- Wright Avenue – work on sidewalks and driveway.
- Hampton Avenue – Contractor will be continuing work on sidewalks and driveways.