Last week, the Highway Division:
- Repaired potholes on Grandview. Street, Hatfield Street, North Elm Street, and Morningside Drive.
- Pothole overlay was completed on Texas Road and Park Hill Road Ext.
- To report a pothole, please submit a request for Pothole Repair. The largest potholes are filled first to alleviate hazards to vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified, they will be addressed.
- Curb work was done on Deerfield Drive, Pine Brook Curve, and Denise Court.
- Street sweeping in Wards 1 and 6 is complete.
- Street sweeping in Ward 5 will continue next week.
Burts Pit Road & Riverside Drive Paving Project
- On Burts Pit Road, the paving project is substantially complete. Minor work on curb and driveway repairs is planned.
- On Riverside Drive, installation of speed tables is planned for Thursday, October 17th. Detours will be in place.
Chesterfield Road, Spring Street, Main Street (Leeds) and Cross Street Paving Project
- Final road paving is complete for the project.
- Work continues on driveways and shoulders.
Bridge Road, Brisson Drive and Glendale Road Paving Project
- The paving project is substantially complete. No work is planned for this week.
- The City has contracted with Hi-Way Safety Systems to repaint pavement markings across the City. The Contractor will be repainting speed hump and railroad markings.
Bridge Street, Damon Road, Interstate 91 - Exit 19
- MassDOT has contracted with Baltazar Contractors, Inc. to construct a roundabout and associated improvements to the Interstate 91 - Exit 19 interchange at the base of the Coolidge Bridge. The work is scheduled to be completed by June 2021.
- Preliminary work includes construction survey, work on the northbound I-91 off ramp and southbound I-91 on ramp, and utility relocations.
- Questions about the project should be directed to MassDOT District 2.
An overview of all current Public Works projects can be found by going to Current Projects.