- This week the DPW crews repaired the potholes on Riverside Drive and Ladd Avenue. They are in the process of working on multiple utility cuts throughout the City. The largest potholes are being filled first to alleviate hazards to motor vehicles. As hazards arise and are identified they will be addressed.
- To report a pothole please visit: http://northamptonma.gov/requesttracker.asp
- Ludlow Construction will continue to install drainage infrastructure in the Outfall Area below Riverside Drive and possibly crossing Riverside Drive near Hinckley Street. This work entails excavation, pipe and manhole installation, backfilling, and grading.
- Traffic on Riverside Drive and Hinckley Street will be restricted and detours will be in place. Public Safety officer(s) will be on duty.
- The work of replacement of water and sewer utilities is complete. New sidewalk, roadway reconstruction and repaving, and a raised crosswalk in Nonotuck Street is upcoming this summer.
Chesterfield Road at Kennedy Road - Upper Roberts Meadow Reservoir Dam
- SumCo Eco-Contracting, LLC will be establishing access off of Chesterfield Road an making the initial notch for dam removal.
- The project will remove the Upper Roberts Reservoir Dam to restore the Roberts Meadow Brook stream channel to its natural course.
- Columbia Gas will be installing new gas main on Pleasant Street between Main Street and Kirkland Avenue. Motorists should EXPECT DELAYS and seek alternate routes if possible. The work is anticipated to take several months to complete.
Clement Street Bridge
- Repair work for the Clement Street Bridge has been awarded to N.E.L. Corporation. Project submittals are currently under review. Anticipated project completion and bridge re-opening is summer 2018.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist use of the bridge will be allowed except during active construction which is anticipated to begin in early June.